Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Terrible almost 2's???

Zach is so almost 2! I think he is your typical terrible two. I've heard the stories and I am now living it. He just throws random temper tantrums and it seems that he starts to spiral out of control and can't get himself back without our intervention. You can see that he is trying to get it back, but not being successful. It's gotten to the point where we don't even notice it at first. They are becoming more and more frequent as he is realizing that he has an opinion and a voice. Today we went to a mommy group playdate and Andy was home so he kept Ava with him. I thought it would be great to have some time with Zach. He was great at the playdate and he was even a little clingy (which he doesn't do that much anymore, so I didn't mind). It was great right up until the end. As we were getting in the car he decided to bolt. This is the third playdate in a row that he has tried to bolt down the street while I am putting stuff or Ava in the car. I am almost to the point of using a leash. I am not above it by any means, just haven't been forced into it yet. When it comes to his safety though, I am going with his well being over what others think of me. We'll see what the future brings.

Ava is sleeping in her crib every night now. She even slept from 8-5:30 one night! Of course we woke up at 3 am anyway and couldn't sleep, but yay for her! Let's see if she consistently sleeps through the night before 18 months. Now that would be great :)

No comments:

body {background-image:url(http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/tyciedesigns/Kara10.jpg);background-position: center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed;margin:0;color:$textcolor;font:x-small Georgia Serif;font-size/* */:/**/small;font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;