Wednesday, June 4, 2008


This is how I felt this morning! It was my first outing with both kids that didn't require a stroller! I decided that I was ready to take the kids to MyGym. The morning started out nice. Zach woke up around 6 and was in a pretty good mood. We were actually dressed, fed and ready to leave the house at 8:30! Score one for mom! We got to MyGym a little early so we drove around instead of making Zach wait in the lobby area. I was trying to prevent meltdowns! Either of the child or Mommy type. As we walk in he is unusually shy. He doesn't want to leave me for about five minutes. Then he starts to explore and all is good. I chase him around while Ava is in the carrier and I think to myself, Wow, I am doing it! I'm a big girl now! Then the swings come out! I know he loves to swing but I also know they are meltdown inducing when his time is up. As we are finishing our turn I start to "redirect" to other activities to make them sound like fun. Ooh, the ball, ooh lets go jump, etc. He keeps saying, in typical toddler fashion, "NO"! After hogging the swing for a while I just remove him. I can't have a battle of wills with a 20 month old, I am the MOM! He throws himself on the ground and proceeds to throw the biggest fit I have ever seen him throw in a public place! It was never ending! He was throwing himself on the ground, screaming, crying, pulling on me to go back in the swing. When another child got his turn it got even worse! You would have thought he was dying! Finally I pick him up (mind you I also have Ava in the front carrier this whole time) and he starts flailing all around. I can hardly get him on my hip. I carry both babies into the bathroom and tell him he needs some cool down time. He fools me into thinking he is fine. We walk out and he sees another swing and starts all over again! I won't be one of those mothers that allows this. It's not fair to anyone else involved. So, we leave! He is fine while putting on our shoes then he decides that the parking lot is the place to throw himself on the ground. I have him by one arm and I am trying to get him into his car seat as he is screaming "NO". Finally I have success. The seat has a calming effect and I give him his binkie (yup, he will have it until he goes off to college, I don't need judging thank you). Then I bring him to daycare and tell them that Andy will be picking him up because I just don't want to!

1 comment:

TG's Mom said...

I am NOT ready for that!!! Good for you being able to handle both kiddos like that. Tyler will also have the binks until she is off to college and I don't care what anyone thinks either!

body {background-image:url(http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/tyciedesigns/Kara10.jpg);background-position: center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed;margin:0;color:$textcolor;font:x-small Georgia Serif;font-size/* */:/**/small;font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;