Saturday, October 3, 2009

More Health Issues for the Fam

On Friday Andy got his yearly illness. It hit him pretty hard, but didn't last too long, thankfully! On Friday I also went to my audiological and ENT appointment to find out what the heck is wrong with my ears. I did the audio part first and my hearing in my left ear has decreased considerably from two years ago. I could hardly hear anything that he spoke through the headphones. That used to be my phone ear. I was hoping they would say it was fluid in my ears, but it's far more than that. It is actually something that is happening at the inner ear level (the cochlea) The doctor is running blood tests and I will have to have an MRI to rule out a tumor or a cyst growing in the or near the cochlea. It could also be a virus that is attacking the cochlea and making my ear ring constantly, feel like there is pressure, making me dizzy and making it hard to hear. I just hope we figure it out soon. He started me on steroids so I think I am going to be pretty miserable for the next month. I plan to be as fun as possible with the kids while I can. That being said, we are off to Disneyland tomorrow now that Andy is feeling better.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh man, that's rough. I hope it all turns out well for you. I'll try to stay up to date on your posts. have fun at Disney - didn't you just get back from Disney? Lucky you...

body {background-image:url(http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/tyciedesigns/Kara10.jpg);background-position: center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed;margin:0;color:$textcolor;font:x-small Georgia Serif;font-size/* */:/**/small;font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;