Thursday, August 14, 2008

About observing traditions




Think of me what you will, but today we got Ava's ears pierced! They are so freakin' cute and I am very glad that I didn't let anyone change my mind. All my life I have just viewed it as something you do when you have a daughter. Some of my friends feel differently. She was such a trooper. She wimpered a bit for the first one, but with the second one she realized what we were doing when we were holding her arms and head so she cried more. She got over it in a minute or so though and was back to her smiley self! These pictures were taken about a half hour later and she was fine :) The earrings they have these days are great too. No twisting them or over cleaning them. Plus they make the likelyhood of her developing a nickel allergy a lot less. How many of us can ONLY wear 14 carat gold?! Quite a few, I am thinking. These are the perks of not taking her to Claire's, LOL!

4 comments:

TG's Mom said...

Good for you!!! We made the choice not to have Tyler's pierced yet. A "person" or two has questioned it and offered their two cents but I stuck to my guns. We'll do it when she gets older, if she is interested. LOL

Peterann said...

Good for you for going with your gut. When I was a teenager I overheard a mom say that she got her daughter's ears pierced when she was old enough and interested enough to ask for it. So, I decided that would be my policy as well. Briana is 4 1/2 and hasn't asked yet but I'm sure she will soon. :)

Kristine said...

Adorable! PJ won't let us do Abbie's. His first daughter had them when she was small and they got infected, so he's very against it now. She and I may have a secret Mommy/daughtr day eventually and get them.

Ava is getting so big. She makes me miss my baby girl...

© Eclisse Creazioni Art & Photography said...

Well let me tell u... in Italy as soon as they clean up your baby girl, after the delivery, the nurse is gonna ask u if u want her hears pierced and u agree they take in another room and pierced for u!!! The doctor say that the sooner the better since they do not even feel it!!! I pierced Asha's hears in Italy when she was 4 months old and she cried only because i was holding her head...

body {background-image:url(http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/tyciedesigns/Kara10.jpg);background-position: center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed;margin:0;color:$textcolor;font:x-small Georgia Serif;font-size/* */:/**/small;font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;