Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rewarding!

Ava gave me her first real smiles today! It came just in the knick of time. The last couple of days with Zach have been pretty trying and tiring. I think it just may be that I am getting over a killer cold or maybe even the flu. It's funny how you just start to think that you may lose your mind and, wham, they do something so endearing and amazing that it makes being a parent all worth it. Thank God for little miracles.
Examples of Zach's craziness in the last two days, on Sunday afternoon (also Andy's birthday, but kids don't care!) he decided to pitch a fit for no known reason. Nothing under the sun was making him happy. He asked for something so we gave it to him and he would throw it. Then he would want it back, then he would throw it again, screaming or crying the whole time. Every word we said set him off. He wouldn't eat dinner and tried to throw that too. This was not a normal thing for him. Yes, he does have his fits and tantrums but this was out of control. Finally we figured there must be pain somewhere and gave him motrin. In a short time he was a lot less edgy and much more tolerable. THANK GOD! He must be getting his two year molars. If they would just come through already!
Yesterday he decided that he wanted to give his sister some extra love. I was changing his diaper, Ava was on the couch in the boppy and Andy was bringing out the trash. As I was finishing in Zach's room, he ran out the door. I ran after him with a package of wipes in my hand and found him on the couch ON TOP OF AVA! He had his stomach on her head! I was so upset and I know I overreacted. I yelled and grabbed him off of her. I took him to the time out chair and by this time he was crying hysterically. I honestly feel he was trying to give her love, but he moves way to fast and it was far to scary. This just proves that it only takes a second.

No comments:

body {background-image:url(http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/tyciedesigns/Kara10.jpg);background-position: center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed;margin:0;color:$textcolor;font:x-small Georgia Serif;font-size/* */:/**/small;font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;