Sunday, May 11, 2008

Non-Fabulous!

Happy Mother's Day! If you are anything like me (and not like Kimora Lee Simmons) you are still being a mother on this day and doing all the things you usually do. The kids still cry, the laundry still needs to be folded and your lunch plans get derailed by a crazy 19 month old that woke up way to early and had to be forced into an early nap. Maybe we'll go to dinner instead. Being a mother is so non-commital when it comes to plans. If you don't HAVE to be there then you just pray the LO's will cooperate so you can do what you have planned. On the plus side of Mother's Day, I did get another Willow Tree sculpture. It is of a mother holding a brand new baby. It's really precious. Of course I picked it out and showed it to Andy. I have found that that is the only way I get what I want. We have also made a deal this year that we will not spend a ton of money on holidays due to the crazy, ever-rising cost of everything in our lives. We just spent about $500 per ticket to fly to NH in June. That's 3 tickets because, now that we have Ava, Zach will need his own seat. I couldn't even imagine having both of them on laps! As for not spending a ton of cash on each other, I guess I understand it, but it doesn't mean I don't secretly wish he would go against it and come up with some idea of his own. Well, I guess if that is the only big flaw in him then I should consider myself lucky. Inspite of everything, there is no place I'd rather be on this Mother's Day (well, maybe Hawaii with a strawberry margarita in my hand!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Late Mothers Day and congrats on your new baby girl!
-Shane

body {background-image:url(http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/tyciedesigns/Kara10.jpg);background-position: center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed;margin:0;color:$textcolor;font:x-small Georgia Serif;font-size/* */:/**/small;font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;