Sunday, March 14, 2010

All About Me!

This has been a crazy week. I went to urgent care on Wednesday after work and was there for 4 hours. I was/am having heart palpitations and shortness of breath. I thought maybe I had pneumonia. I also had been questioning my thyroid because I am having hypothyroid symptoms. Neither my old doctor nor my new doctor thought it was a concern because my last test was "normal". I am so glad that I met the doctor at urgent care because she actually listened to me instead of trying to increase my paxil dosage! She gave me a breathing treatment that helped with the breathing then they hooked my up to the heart monitor. Wouldn't you know the monitor didn't catch it because it didn't happen once when I was hooked to it. Instead it happened while I was waiting for my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed that I was asthmatic. It had never been confirmed before, but now we know. It's all allergy related and my allergies have been horrid the last few months. When I mentioned a history of thyroid issues to the dr she recommended an ultrasound stat. I went for the u/s on Thursday afternoon and she called me at 10:15 at night to say that I have a nodule on my thyroid. A nodule usually leads to an underactive thyroid and would explain the majority of my symptoms. So, the shortness of breath and palpitations just happened to coincide and weren't related. Weird, but good. I am strangely relieved to have an idea of what is going on with me. I hate not being myself. Now at least their is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

body {background-image:url(http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/tyciedesigns/Kara10.jpg);background-position: center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed;margin:0;color:$textcolor;font:x-small Georgia Serif;font-size/* */:/**/small;font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;